It is incredibly easy to want to wear your Nodpod into the ground with how much it gets used, but for the sake of the longevity of your Nodpod products it is important to take care of them properly.
Nodpod Weighted Eye Mask
The Nodpod weighted eye mask is an excellent tool for soothing an overactive mind and calming both the mind and body to prepare it for a more restful night’s sleep. Weighing in at 9 oz and filled with 100% Polyethylene plastic beads, the Nodpod is nontoxic, BPA free, and hypoallergenic.
While it is tempting to throw your Nodpod over your eyes and take a nap as soon as it comes in the mail, it is advised to give it a wash before you use it for the first time. Luckily for those of us who don’t want to bother hand washing everything, Nodpods are machine washable.
Nodpods are machine washable, but to prolong the life of your mask, make sure to wash it with a full load of laundry or towels. That way, your Nodpod isn’t being tossed around the machine by itself and is cushioned by the other laundry. Alternatively, using a garment bag can help protect your Nodpod even more.
Just as your Nodpod is machine washable, it can also be put in the dryer. The same advice goes for drying as washing, make sure to dry it with a full load of laundry in order to prolong the life of your Nodpod. However, to prolong the life of your Nodpod even more, air drying will help it stay as good as new even longer.
Although using your Nodpod may seem straightforward, there are some tips and tricks that can be used to enhance your sleeping experience and ensure you receive the full Nodpod experience such as:
- Do use your Nodpod for any and all sleep positions from back sleeping to side sleeping
- Do utilize the microfiber fleece material for a warmer sleeping experience
- Do use the slit on the side of the Nodpod for a snugger, more secure fit even while sitting upright
While there aren’t many, there are a couple precautions to take to make sure your Nodpod doesn’t get damaged such as:
- Don’t microwave your Nodpod - it will melt!
- Don’t worry if your Nodpod falls off in the middle of the night - it will be right by your side if you need it again
The Nodpod BODY is an updated take on the weighted blanket in a more compact pod that allows you to feel the comfort of its weight without the overbearing heat of a full-sized blanket.
Just as with the Nodpod eye mask, the Nodpod BODY can be machine washed. For best practices, wash your BODY with a full load of laundry in order to reduce stress on its seams. It does especially well when washed with fluffy blankets or other large and soft items.
The Nodpod BODY is machine dryable and its drying should follow a similar route to that of its washing. Drying your BODY with a full load of laundry including fluffy blankets and other large soft items eases the strain on its seams and increases its longevity for even more enjoyment.
Using the Nodpod BODY can be an excellent way to decompress after a long day, and in order to enjoy your BODY to the fullest extent there are certain ways to enhance your experience such as:
- Do use your Nodpod BODY in different parts of your body for more concentrated pressure such as your legs, your lap, and your chest
- Do beat the heat even while enjoying the benefits of Deep Touch Pressure by flipping your BODY to the cooling, jersey material side
- Do layer your BODY on top of other blanket to help prevent it from sliding off the bed at night
- Do travel with your BODY for on-the-go comfort - it’s even TSA approved!
- Do consult with a physician before use if you have a condition such as sleep apnea, asthma, or claustrophobia or have difficulty moving weighted products
With every good thing there comes a caveat, but luckily there aren’t many for the Nodpod BODY. Just keep these in mind to give yourself an even greater peace of mind:
- Don’t microwave your Nodpod BODY as not only would it be a tight fit, but the glass bead filling is not meant to sustain the microwave or its heat
- Don’t use the BODY on small children as the concentrated weight can be a suffocation hazard
The way in which you wear and use your Nodpods are ultimately up to you, but heed these pieces of advice as a way to increase the useful life of your Nodpod and to use it to the best of its abilities.
Whether you’re a side sleeper, a back sleeper, or someone who hardly sleeps at all, the Nodpod weighted eye mask can help in easing symptoms of stress and anxiety through the use of Deep Touch Pressure to calm the mind and body.
The Nodpod BODY, on the other hand, provides the benefit of Deep Touch Pressure on other parts of the body such as the legs or chest. Wherever you need extra comfort, the BODY can move with you. For more information, consult the Nodpod FAQ or reach us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.